What is SUN625®?
The SUN625 RDC is not a typical rotary die cutter. It is a fixed-frame, vertically opening, flexo printing machine capable of feeding, printing, and converting. It is designed to produce high quality containers in a 24/7 production environment.
Download SUN625 RDC brochure (PDF 2.5 MB)
- The SUN625 has a fixed-frame, low board-line, vertical opening machine built with SUN technology.
- Two dwell units are standard features. One is located between the feed section and first print section. Another is between the last print section and die cut section. Together they ensure outstanding print quality on even the most challenging jobs.
- Intuitive touch screen controls are easy to use and allow fast, precise adjustments.
- Unique machine architecture improves sheet control and ink-metering, allowing precise die positioning and built-in drying time.
- The MicroGrind® Die Cut Accuracy Control System improves box dimension consistency, scoring quality, and scrap management. The full-width tungsten carbide grinding roll smooth’s the anvil’s surface every 10,000 cuts and automatically adjusts the anvil direct-drive motor speed for automated compensation. All of this is done without interrupting production and without operator engagement.
- Safety features, such as the integrated feed guard, are designed into the machine, providing exceptional operator safety throughout the machine.
- Delivers more production volume, with superior container quality, than two traditional-opening 66 x 115” RDC machines.
- As a low board line, fixed-frame machine, the 625 easily adapts to existing facilities, and often to existing auxiliary equipment, while occupying relatively the same footprint as conventional-opening machines.
- Plants will profit from the machine’s wide format 66 x 125” sheets, high speed of 28,000 m2/h, order change time of 10-12 minutes, consistent quality, uptime, ease of use, and durability.
- Designed to run everything from fragile single flutes with high recycled fiber to rigid multi-flute mediums, small sheets to large sheets, simple print orders to complex print orders, and single piece to multi-out patterns.
- Flexible enough to print multi-out, six-color, tight registration jobs.
- Smooth and precise anvil control from Sun’s patented MicroGrind® Die Cut Accuracy System, and enables converting into the most challenging die cut orders in record time.
- Designed and built to withstand the demands of a three-shift, 24/7 high production plant, while keeping maintenance costs low.