SunTrac® Vacuum Transfer system
SunTrac® Vacuum Transfer system is the most effective transfer system of corrugated board there is.
This retrofit removes many of the high maintenance items that also make for long set-up times. By providing the optimum board path and delivering a flat sheet throughout the printing process, vacuum transfer eliminates jams, allows significantly faster operating speeds, and improves print quality. The SunTrac is available for both top and bottom printing equipment.
The vacuum transfer system is the supreme upgrade for corrugated finishing machines. It addresses more factors that limit quality and productivity. As the board is sucked to the moving rollers regardless if the board is printed at the bottom or the top, and kept in a firm position through the machine, the print quality and registration substantially increases. Accuracy of print registration is enhanced when coupled with the Sun digital harmonic registers.
The SunTrac vacuum system can easily be retrofitted to older machines of various brands.
- Less trim allowance
- Available for both top and bottom printing equipment.
- Turn “customer waste” into profit. Side trim for pull bands and pull collars can be eliminated.
- Precise control of sheet travel means that lead and trail trim can be reduced or eliminated.
- Run small flute board
- Capitalize on market moves to smaller flute board. SunTrac handles small flute board effortlessly.
- SunTrac vacuum transfer retrofits remove many of the high maintenance items that also make for long set-up times. By providing the optimum board path and delivering a flat sheet throughout the printing process, vacuum transfer eliminates jams, allows significantly faster operating speeds, and improves print quality.
- SunTrac can also be used to create a dwell space between the last print unit and the die-cut unit to avoid print distortion caused by the die-cutting process. Such a unit also provides an optimum location for dryers.
- SunTrac installation enables the removal of the pull collars and shafting. This extra space can be used to install dryers.
- SunTrac installation on a Martin RapidSet has a drastic reduction in mechanical complexity and the associated maintenance costs and downtime.
Accurate color-to-color registration
- Hold 1/64 trap, with reasonable board, at any speed.
- With many set-up steps made easier or eliminated, set-up time is inherently quicker.
- With the SunSet 2.0® Computer Control System set-up is largely automated.
Higher Run Speed
- Precise control of the sheet through the machine means you can run at profit-making speeds.
- Less trim allowance, less scrap
- Run small flute
- Run warped board
- Run coated board
- Available for both top and bottom printing equipment
- Available on a large variety of models