SunSet Control System
The SunSet® computer control system is designed to replace obsolete computer systems found on Langston machines. It is also part of Sun’s product offering when upgrading a finishing machine with a significant level of new automation.
For example, an existing rotary diecutter that is converted to SunTrac® Vacuum Transfer and Digital Harmonic Registers can have a computer upgrade to control all automated functions. This allows customer orders to be stored and recalled for quick set-up.
The computer control system is the state-of-the-art computerized set-up control for a finishing machine. The touch-screen operator interface allows for easy and quick machine set-up by utilizing order storage to retrieve the parameters in which previous jobs were run. All components of control are non-proprietary and all functions are handled by PC compatible hardware running on a standard operating system. This system has the ability to be connected to a standard network.
Accurate set-ups allow the machine to run at high speed. Combined with reduced set-up times, more orders can be processed per shift.
It is shipped with an industrial grade computer and the operator interfaces the system through a touch screen representation of the machine that requires no keyboard entries.
- No keyboard entry is required with the high graphic operator interface.
- Precise setting of previous run jobs provides for quick set-up and all controlled axis are set in a few minutes.
- Control will not lose its "Home" position even during a power failure.
- Operators will no longer have to develop a "feel" for the settings.
- The help feature will provide pictorial and video support when accessed.
- The touch-screen operator interface allows for easy and quick machine set-up by utilizing order storage to retrieve the parameters in which previous jobs were run. All components of the control are nonproprietary and all functions are handled by PC compatible hardware running on a standard operating system. This system has the ability to be connected to a standard network.
- Set-Up Time
- By automatically setting all controlled axes, set-up time is greatly reduced. With virtually unlimited storage capacity, any previously run job can be set-up by simply choosing the appropriate order number and new jobs can be programmed before the run.
- With accurate set-up of controlled axes, one box setup is readily attainable avoiding the waste associated with manual trial and error set-ups.
- Operator Skills
- Reliable, accurate setting of the controlled axes means that the set-up does not depend on the operator correctly reading dials and scales. The operator interface requires minimal operator training.
- Touch-screen allows for setting box dimensions directly on a graphic of the box.
- Make machine adjustments by touching a graphic of the machine on the touch-screen.