MicroGrind for Bottom Anvil Applications
The Sun product Microgrind was developed to improve and provide consistent box dimensional stability.
MicroGrind enhances die cut accuracy by providing a consistent blanket size. Every 10,000 revolutions .001" (.025mm) of the surface is removed from the anvil blanket while the machine is running. The anvil speed is automatically adjusted to compensate for the reduced anvil diameter. This assures that the anvil speed is always correct and that the blank size will be consistent throughout the run
MicroGrind retrofits are engineered to be compatible with many OEM machine manufacturers and models.
- Precise box dimensional stability
- Increase anvil cover life 15%-20%
- Optimum stripping and scoring
- Eliminates the need for "heavy" impression with the cutting die
- Reduces downtime by eliminating the need to rotate blanket cover
- Less stress on machine components
Continuously grinds anvil smooth and even providing:
- Accurate cut length sheet to sheet, run to run
- Crisp, consistent scores
- Consistent “nicks” for breaker applications
- 0.001” (0.025 mm) material removal every 10,000 sheets while the machine is running.
- Compensation of anvil rotational speed to maintain consistent surface speed.
- Fully automatic, no operator intervention required.
- Tungsten Carbide Grinding Roll.
- Microgrind is also available for top anvil machines.
< Back to MicroGrind