The Solution Architect will report directly to the Manager Information Technology and will lead the design and delivery of both infrastructure and software solutions. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for all project management related activities relative to the above implementations. On an as needed basis, duties may also include support of system administration staff in troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues related to previously implemented infrastructure and software solutions.
- Partner with business counterparts to understand business needs and design solutions that are in line with modern industry standards to address the same
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on the technical and business value of the proposition with appropriate tradeoffs
- Develop solution design documentation using modern frameworks, methodologies, or technologies
- Develop and maintain technology road maps at a business and or functional level
- Lead analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Lead business partners through the process to create business proposal, cost benefit analysis, and charter for a given project
- Manage IT related projects using modern project management methodologies (Waterfall or Scrum)
- Develop and maintain project documentation to include project plan, requirements, business process maps, design, test plan etc.
- Develop request for quote documentation and lead selection of vendor resources / services using a standardized method
- Lead contract resources for consultative services and implementation of solutions
- Maintain contractor oversight to ensure timely and efficacious delivery of promised services
- Support system administration and client support staff in troubleshooting recurrent and systemic issues in applications and infrastructure
- Lead development of solutions to address above issues and implementation of the same
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related field
- 4 or more year's professional experience in an IT-related domain (programming, network architect, sysadmin etc.)
- Working knowledge of network architecture and associated technologies, compute - particularly virtual environments, and any DBMS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft enterprise technologies including AD, Exchange, and Windows operating systems when deployed in an enterprise environment.
- Previous experience managing IT projects
- Previous experience with ERP in a project management or technical capacity is preferred
- Experience with SaaS platform usage or implementation is preferred.
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Azure is preferred.
Please go to http://smrtr.io/eMGIUg or e-mail/fax resume to Jennifer Andrews in Human Resources for consideration.
SUN Automation Group
Attention: Jennifer Andrews, Recruiting & Development Specialist
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, MD 21057
Confidential Fax: 410-568-5198