The Quality Control Inspector works under the supervision of the Quality Manager and is responsible for maintaining quality standards by approving incoming machinery parts, in-process machine builds, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Approves incoming parts by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable parts.
- Approves in-process machine builds by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to manufacturing.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Work with vendors to correct problems with nonconformance and other related issues
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; reporting the need for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a quality control function in a manufacturing environment; some experience in assembly or maintenance of high speed equipment or industrial machinery preferred
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings
- Previous experience in a machine shop including the use of precision measuring tools
- Knowledge of control procedures and/or experience operating a FARO arm a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
Please go to http://smrtr.io/O1RgBw or e-mail/fax resume to Jennifer Andrews in Human Resources for consideration.
SUN Automation Group
Attention: Jennifer Andrews, Recruiting & Development Specialist
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, MD 21057
Confidential Fax: 410-568-5198