The Network Support Specialist will work in a team environment to provide professional support for end users and associated networks, hardware, software, and applications. Network support specialists deal with system incidents and work on solutions to address any issues related to systems and applications used within the organization. They identify problems and develop solutions and enhancements to ensure that the systems used within the company are functional and work at optimal efficiency.
- Installing network infrastructure and computer systems
- Maintaining, repairing and upgrading network and computer systems including patching
- Diagnosing and fixing problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware, software and systems
- Monitoring network and systems to improve performance
- Evaluate and resolve network connectivity or communication systems issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to systems, software, or processes.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software. Respond to IT assistance requests.
- Provide user support regarding data telecommunication network issues.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- Maintain backups for all servers in the network environment and test restore processes.
- Document system software changes and revisions to maintain historical records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Willing to learn and work with new technologies
- Ability to perform and oversee complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Three years’ working experience in an IT related function required.
- Previous experience utilizing general networking principles and working with virtual environments.
- Proficiency in working in Active Directory, Exchange, and Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in SQL database, ERP systems, CAD packages, and enterprise applications/software is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with high energy, enthusiasm and the ability to nurture numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be people and team-oriented. Must possess the ability to encourage team problem-solving and a willingness to accept ideas and suggestions from others
Please go to http://smrtr.io/wlab6w or e-mail/fax resume to Jennifer Andrews in Human Resources for consideration.
SUN Automation Group
Attention: Jennifer Andrews, Recruiting & Development Specialist
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, MD 21057
Confidential Fax: 410-568-5198