This position will work as part of a team to provide professional support for end users of personal computers and their associated networks, hardware, and software. The Information Systems Administrator will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical computer problems and issues as well as utilizing knowledge of operating systems to test, debug, document and install programs to support operating systems.
- Evaluate and resolve network connectivity or communication systems issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to systems or workstations. Set up new user workstations. Provide user training as necessary.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software. Respond with urgency to IT assistance requests.
- Provide user support and customer service regarding data telecommunication network issues; assist in collecting, researching, and resolving user complaints.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Perform ongoing day-to-day operations including maintaining system security, virus/malware software, monitoring usage statistics and system logs, backing up network data, and troubleshoot system-related problems as needed.
- Study software capabilities and operations to prepare system software installation; perform timely workstation/server hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Document system software changes and revisions to maintain historical records.
- Analyze system performance to optimize efficiency.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain software solutions using SQL Server.
- Assess business requirements, develop functional specifications, and develop data related solutions.
- Write and maintain stored procedures, functions, or queries meant to assist the organization in accessing and analyzing business data.
- Develop standard and custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Two years’ working experience in an IT related function required.
- Previous experience utilizing general networking principles and working with virtual environments.
- Proficiency in working in Active Directory, Exchange, and Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in SQL database, ERP systems, CAD packages, and applications/software programming is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with high energy, enthusiasm and the ability to nurture numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be people and team-oriented. Must possess the ability to encourage team problem-solving and a willingness to accept ideas and suggestions from others
Please go to http://smrtr.io/VExsbA or e-mail/fax resume to Jennifer Andrews in Human Resources for consideration.
SUN Automation Group
Attention: Jennifer Andrews, Recruiting & Development Specialist
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, MD 21057
Confidential Fax: 410-568-5198